How to make money with JAUCE
Plenty of people make money with JAUCE. They buy from Japan and then resell on other marketplaces, like eBay, Amazon, or their websites.
As Japan is full of cool and unique products, this business model works well. People love to buy Japanese things because they are so different from what they can get in their own countries. If you’re a seller of these things, then, you’ll be the place they go to buy from.
This step-by-step guide will help you to use JAUCE to the fullest so you can make more money as an online reseller. It may even help you to start a profitable business.
1. Select your categories
With Japanese online auctions and shopping sites like Yahoo Japan, Amazon Japan, and Rakuten, Japan is a massive source of supply. It’s an ideal place to top up your eBay stock or business inventory. But, it’s not recommended to trade everything- you should sell products that you know well.
- Focusing on only a few categories allows you to supply stock efficiently.
- Your audience will have a greater interest in your listings if you sell similar product groups.
- Choosing a product group that you are already familiar with will save time that would have been spent learning more about the category.
If there isn’t already a category that you know well or you are familiar with, try to select one that you are interested in. You need to enjoy what you do. You will be more successful if you are engaged and having fun!
“If you do what you love, you’ll never work a day in your life.”Marc Anthony
2. Research & Test
Learn every single detail about your stock in the category you have chosen.
- Google-search the categories you want to sell. Read the articles and blog posts that appear in your search to learn as much as you can.
- Find out what people want to buy- online forums and social media platforms are useful!
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in your categories by checking the new releases of popular items.
- Who you buy from does matter. Research the sellers to find out who to buy from. Look for sellers with positive feedback to show those with good quality service and items.
Rather than buying and trying to supply large quantities at the beginning of your business journey, try to buy small amounts to test your sales strategies first. It is worth finding out what sells best- different sizes or colors, for example. Test a variety of options to learn what sells.
The Internet is a valuable learning tool and many websites provide advice or how-to tips. Try searching for tips like “How to take great product photos” or “How to list items for an online auction” to optimize your listing methods to make more sales.
3. Lower your costs
When you feel confident that you have a good understanding of how to sell your stock in larger quantities, it is time to learn how to lower your costs to make a higher profit. You can use the following methods to lower your costs.
Buy from the same sellers
Minimizing the Japan-based domestic delivery fee (from the seller to JAUCE warehouses) is essential for savings and, thus, making more money out of your reselling business. To save on this fee, try to buy as much as you can from the same Japanese online stores or sellers. This way, your stock can be sent to JAUCE in as few packages as possible.
Please note that some sellers may not consolidate items. You should check whether the seller consolidates shopping before you buy.
Fill boxes to their limits
You can maximize your savings on overseas shipping when you buy from Japan by filling boxes until the size and weight limits*. Rather than having lots of little parcels sent, costing a lot in international delivery fees, getting your stock shipped in batches of full boxes will be cheaper. If you run a business or reselling store and are buying lots of stock, imagine how much you could save over time!
To make these savings, ask JAUCE to ship stock to you when the boxes are full, and leave the rest for your next shipment.
* There are size and weight limits to be aware of:
If you want to calculate an estimate overseas delivery cost, check out our international shipping cost estimator, here. This estimator will also let you know the size and weight limitations for shipping to your country.
Consider different payment methods
The default payment for JAUCE is PayPal. It’s fast and reliable for all payment needs.
Some users prefer to pay by bank remittance for larger amounts, e.g., a few hundred thousand JPY. However, bank remittance may take a few days to submit your deposit to your JAUCE Wallet. If you’re not in a hurry and this is something you would like to do, you can also consider this payment option. Contact our customer service team for further information.
Need extra guidance?
Our experience and knowledge
Feel free to talk with us about your online business for extra guidance on buying from Japan. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to help you with your questions about using JAUCE more effectively.
So, remember these five things to help you make more money online:
- Pick a few sales categories to specialize in.
- Research which items in your category people like to buy most.
- Test your sales strategies before you take the plunge.
- Lower your costs for a bigger profit by saving shipping.
- Use our experience and knowledge to your benefit- don’t hesitate to ask us any questions.
We wish you all the best success in your future of reselling with JAUCE!